Tudor style watches
Looking to combine something as practical as a two time zone watch with something as delicate and prestigious as a tourbillon? Well, Swiss H. Moser & Cie has the watch for you, with the lovely looking new H. Moser & Cie Venturer Tourbillon Dual Time. The watch also happens to feature the first tourbillon-based movement offered by H. Moser & Cie, and it contains dual hairsprings along with some other interesting features that I will discuss below. In short, H. Moser & Cie presents a tourbillon watch potentially capable of overcoming the accuracy issues inherent in many tourbillon watches. For those who understand tourbillons, this is a clear irony.
Tech Specs from Aspen
- Individualized automatic mechanical movement based on Vaucher Fleurier VMF-3002 with additional module 51323
- Vibrations per hour 28‘800 (4hz)
- Power reserve approx 50 hours
- Personalized calendar disc carrying up to XII individuals name and date of birth / event up to 15 characters per name
- Individualized indicators for:
- Zodiac (western/eastern) option
- Countdown to birthday / event
- Separate retrograde dial for 31 day date with additional anniversary hand
- Present year indicator in two subdials
- Versions steel / dlc black / gold
- Classical rounded / flat lunette
- Numbered with owners name inscription
- Case size: 44 mm
- Front: double side anti-reflection glass
- Back: sapphire glass
- Limited edition 88 pieces
Early PVD case coating technology was not nearly as good as it is today, but even then, the 1972 Porsche Design Chronograph was a cool item. Today, it is a bona fide classic, and the Porsche Design Timepiece No. 1 is directly inspired by it, though it isn't exactly an homage. Further, the Porsche Design Timepiece No. 1 and Porsche Design Chronograph Titanium Limited Edition will not have bracelet options at launch. Actually, I am not sure if they will ever have bracelets, but it seems like a logical thing to do given the brand's historic penchant to produce cool bracelets for their watches, and because the Original 1972 Porsche Design Chronograph famously came on one. Bracelet production is a bit more complicated, so I understand that it might take a bit longer, but I hope they arrive eventually, because in my opinion a case like this is begging for a nice bracelet to compliment it.
To further the point, a couple of weeks ago, my company was exhibiting at a legal industry tradeshow in Las Vegas. During the setup, I spotted Alan making a beeline for us. “Hey Scott, check this out...” With a scoff, he pulls back his cuff to reveal a brand new, totally over-the-top-gaudy Daytona with a leopard skin dial – some folks refer to it as “The Steven Tyler,” the lead singer of famous rock band, Aerosmith.